Student Union Board is a student-run organization that coordinates events ranging from concerts and films to comedy shows and cultural showcases.
Our mission is to provide the Iowa State community with a series of diverse cultural, recreational, social, and educational entertainment programs.
Student Union Board is funded in part by Student Government.
Stand OUT with Student Union Board!
What is SUB?
We are a student organization thats focus is planning and promoting events for students and others in the Iowa State community. We have 16 Executive Board members, and each utilizes general members or even committee members to help them along the way, from the initial concept and planning to the publicity and day-of tasks.
How do I get involved? Do I need experience?
SUB is open to everyone! There is no experience necessary, just an enthusiastic attitude about jumping in and learning! This is an organization that you will get as much out of it as you put in. The more events you attend and volunteer, the more responsibility you will have along the way.
The easiest way to get involved is to fill out our “Join SUB” application, and we will contact you from there! You can also attend a general member meeting that takes place every other Wednesday at 5:00 PM! You can find out more information about exact dates in the Calendar page.
What types of things will I be able to do?
From day to day, our tasks vary. You could be…
- Helping load-in or load-out a band
- Watching live music and watching the crowd
- Helping with Varieties Student Talent Competition
- Creating and executing marketing plans for various events
- Taking count of audience members
- Showing movies and promoting other SUB events at Cyclone Cinema
- Making announcements at the beginning of events in front of the audience
- Emceeing an Open Mic Night in the M-Shop
- Running a few errands to get supplies for a performer
- Brainstorming ideas for completely new events
- Selling merchandise for artists or performers
- Giving input about what events SUB brings to campus
- And of course – HAVE FUN!