Key Terms (that might be helpful to know!):
- Varts – Short for Varieties
- Patents – Skit plot ideas
- Serenade – The process by which the houses rank each other to determine the pairs. The women serenade the men.
- Pairings – The various Greek Houses (usually, but anyone can be involved) will be paired according to serenade preferences and numbers of participating members in the house
- Skits - Pairings of Greek houses (usually, but anyone can be involved) who put on a 20 minute skit with five songs with original lyrics
- Vignettes – short skits, up to 10 minutes involving any type of talent (singing, dancing, bands, juggling, comedy acts, etc)
- Exhibition – This occurs after Thanksgiving break, and is a chance for skits to display songs and plot. It is closed to the public and serves as a trial run for the pairings.
- Semi-Finals – Weekend in February in which each pairing performs twice on either Friday or Saturday. The top pairings will then move on to finals to compete for the top prize
- Finals – The final show in late February, the best of the best
- VC – SUB Varieties Committee, the group of students you will work with closely to produce this big event